Wednesday, June 10, 2009

VIVID Sydney

Over the weekend I had a friend who visited me from my home country and I was busy taking her around to visit the city. Coincidentally the Vivid Sydney festival of music and lights were on and there were so many activities around. Amongst them was the Lighting the Sails event as part of the Luminous program, where the 'sails' of the Sydney Opera House was litted up with projections of artwork by Brian Eno, who was also the curator of the festival.

It was wonderful!

4 comments:

The Great Ethan Allen said...

WOW! I have nevger seen the sails lit up like that! wonderful! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I am with you Great Etan Allen - I have never seen that. What an awesome visual.

missknits said...

wow how cool is that! i bet it was amazing in person!

Jewelry Creators Unite in Numbers (JCUIN) said...

Yes it was wonderful! I was there on 3 separate occasions last weekend, just to look at the sails!