I've recently learned a simple way to make a banner with Microsoft Excel and Paint. Most people have these software, and I thought it would be a good idea to share this with everyone.
I hope this would give newbies some customizing capabilities and confidence with launching their shops.
Here it is in the most simple step-by-step (I am using Microsoft 2007)-
1) Open your Excel.
2) Draw a text box anywhere on the page, don't worry about the size just yet.
3) Type in your shop name and other detail you would like it to say.
4) Customize the fonts, and fill however you wish.
5) Re-size to 7.6" x 1". Don't worry about this, it is just ratio so that it would fit the 760 x 100 pixel requirement for your Etsy shop.
6) Selected the text box and right click choose copy (ctrl+ c). Now the text box is on your clipboard. If you used more than one text box, make sure you select all before you click copy
7) Open Paint. Right click choose paste (ctrl + v), you will see the banner. Move it around so that the top left corner fits to the top left of the page.
8) Adjust the image to fit, then save-as .jpg.
Ta-dah! You got your banner. I will continue to research this to come up with easy ways to add pictures and all. So stay tuned!
Here is one I made -
I plan to have Tutorial Tuesdays running weekly, if you like to share something please convo me on Etsy or leave a comment here with an address where I could contact you.