Sunday, April 11, 2010

I've been busy...


with my new toy! Yup! I've wanted a sewing machine since I was in school. We had one but it was a 20 year old sewing machine that needed parts which no longer exist.

Three weeks ago I spent lots of time checking on all the available brands and what is good for a beginner like me. All the machines was a little out of my budget and I thought I was going to settle for a really basic Singer machine, cheapest in the range of basic domestic machines. To my surprise, and later much much joy, a craft store was selling this Brother for $199 when it was $349 usually!

We were thinking of just having a look at it, but ended up buying it anyways! Since buying it last weekend I've practice sewing lines and all, but its time to MAKE something!

So any links or suggestions to beginners projects are most welcomed! Thanks!

1 comment:

Kathleen J. said...

As a beginner I would do things that have a lot of straight lines. the first tow that come to mind are pillowcases or skirts if you want to make something to wear.

Check out the patterns in fabric stores. They have whole lines of patterns rated easy and or fast.

Most of all have fun!