Sunday, April 18, 2010

52 Weeks of Baking - Week #2 - Anzac Cookies

I found this recipe in Women's Weekly (Australian) Old-Fashioned Favorites. It appealed to me a lot as it was so simple! Here is the recipe and pictures of the results.

Ingredients - 1 cup rolled oats1 cup plain flour
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
125g butter
2 tablespoons golden syrup
1 tablespoon water1/2 teaspoon bicarb soda

Method:
Preheat the oven 160/140 fan forced
Combine and mix well oats, shifted flour, sugar and coconut in a large bowl.
Combine butter, syrup and water in a small saucepan and stir over low heat until smooth. Stir in bicarb soda.
Pour into the large bowl containing the dry ingredients and mix well.
Roll the mixture with your hands to a ball and press down firmly on a baking tray lined with baking paper. The edges might break a little, so you can just form it into a circle. Make them in the size you want.
Bake them for 20 mins and allow to cool on the tray. They keep well in an air tight jar up to a week.

So good with a Cappuccino, lucky we got a home coffee machine the week before!

4 comments:

Donna @ Comin' Home said...

Sounds delicious! I will have to try this. I need to start adding some new recipes to my collection. This would be a great place to begin. Thanks for sharing!

Donna said...

Hi! I just wanted to let you know that any followers who leave comments will be entered in my giveaway on May 1st. I'm giving away Shona Cole's book, the Artistic Mother.

Have a great day!

Barnacle Bertha said...

How many cookies does this recipe make? Looks delish!

Pam said...

The cookies look and sound delicious! Just wish I had one now as they must be packed with flavor! Thanks for the recipe! I'm new here and will be back for sure!