Sunday, October 18, 2009

Going Raw - My Expeditions with Raw Food Diet

The first time I heard about raw food diet was on one episode of Oprah. Actually it was more of a little health test undergone by a group of people with regular modern day health issues like high cholesterol, diabetes, high blood pressure... you know what I mean. They went on a diet consisting of only raw fruits and vegetables for 10 days, devouring over 11lbs of food a day! After this little test, most of their problems went away and some lost up to 10lbs of weight.

This has been playing in my mind for sometime now. With a little more time on my hands, I search the web which led me to this blog by Steve Pavlina (actually it was the first result if you Google 'Raw Food Diet'). Steve has gone 30 days strictly on low-fat raw food, and blogged about each of his day on the diet. On a few of his posts he has encountered "a feeling of euphoria"! Wow!I for one believe that this is true and that raw food could be really good as you are eating something that is still alive and still contains the energy of the sun. When I say 'alive' I mean that it still could be planted and would either sprout or continue growing. And not that your food will to get away from you! So yes, raw food meaning fresh raw fruits and vegetables.

My plan is to slowly replace my meals with raw food until it gets to about 80% of my diet. I've started with having smoothies in the morning and afternoons and will be sharing some of the combination. I will also try some raw food recipes and let you know what I think about them.

No comments: