Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Easy Mushroom Aglio Olio Recipe

This is my favorite quick and easy dish. I love pasta and mushrooms and whip this up really quickly one day when all I had was pasta and mushrooms!

Here is what I did. I am not going to use any exact measurements as I don't think anyone does that when they are cooking. You can try this with my simple instructions or modify it to suit your taste.

Ingredients:

One serve of Spaghetti
2 medium size cloves of garlic, chopped
2 table spoons of olive oil
handful of fresh white/button mushrooms, chopped or sliced
a sprinkle of chili flakes
salt and pepper to tast
grated Parmesan

Method:

First cook your spaghetti according to the instructions on the packet. Make sure it's al-dente or cooked to your liking.
Place a fry pan on medium heat and add about 3/4 of the olive oil in. Do not wait until the pan is too hot before adding the oil as it takes the flavor away. Add in the chop garlic and stir. After a few minutes add in the mushrooms. Stir until mushrooms are cooked. Sprinkle in the chilli flakes, salt and pepper to your liking and add the spaghetti.
Stir rapidly to get an even coating all over the spaghetti. Once it's done serve, pour the rest of the olive oil all over it and grate Parmesan over the dish.

Tips:
  • Do not wash your mushrooms or it will soak up the water and expels it when cooking. Instead you should wipe it or peel it.
  • The dish might get a little dry as the mushrooms will absorb the oil in the pan. If this happens add in a table spoon of water right after adding the mushrooms.
  • Add your chili flake before you add the spaghetti if you like a little more heat. This will allow the heat of the chili to mix with the oil.
  • For a vegan dish, just leave out the cheese!
Too easy!

3 comments:

Geezees Custom Canvas Art said...

I am so gonna try this recipe this week! Love it :)

Jewelry Creators Unite in Numbers (JCUIN) said...

I hope you like it. I missed out the part about adding salt and pepper!

The Little Miss said...

YUM!
I’m new here to your blog and wanted to “pop” in to say hi! : ) Love your blog! Its beautiful!!
If you would like come check out my blog and enter my current giveaway at littlemissheirlooms.blogspot.com
I hope you decided to follow me because I try to bring my readers a new and AMAZING giveaway every Monday!
Xo
Priscila